The UK Guardian picked up the Southern Poverty Law Center story and ran with it under the misleading headline “Inside the world of Obama’s secret-service bodyguards”. Their story has almost nothing to do with how the secret service is protecting Obama and almost every thing to do with right wing extremism as defined in the SPLC report. But as typical with the media, the facts can’t get in the way of the story they want to tell.
Apparently everyone believes that if anything happens to this president it will be at the hands of some right wingnut, as they define whatever that is. But this morning at Red State, Erick Erickson does a fine job defining the real origin of violence in the name of politics.
It’s been conveniently ignored that Joe Stack, the Texas pilot who flew into the IRS offices, was quoting Marx in his final missive. That fact doesn’t fit the narrative that the media has already written, so they just leave that out.
Scapegoating the right – an Alinsky tactic – will continue to be the statist media’s plan of action.
- It’s Rahm vs. Axelrod, and Rahm Is Winning
- Thomas Jefferson Noted Global Warming
- An Interesting Perspective on Fox News!
- The Pharmaceutical Industry Needs Price Controls, Obscene Profits! Yea, Right!
Frugal Cafe Blog Zone
- Overexposed Obama Strikes Again: Appeared on 1,000th Episode of ‘America’s Most Wanted’
- “Little Barry” Controversy: Because of Protests, Obama Statue in Indonesia Removed from Park… Bye-Bye, Barry
Voting Female Speaks
- Socialist controlled Time-Warner uses ABC News to stir nutjobs like Bedell who went on anti-military shooting rage
- Indonesians join the Hate Obama bandwagon
- Jed Brandt, the ‘Bald Communist,’ is mad at Glenn Beck
- Sen Blanche Lincoln throws Obama under the BUS
- Bachmann: investigate Obama quid pro quo: judicial appointment for ObamaCare vote
Sam Henry- On My Watch
- Women in Power – Brains, Beauty but always Bitches of the Press
- Take “Measure” Against Turkey to the UN
- Bye Bye Eric Massa. Take Your Mouth and Your Health Care Vote With You
- The Audacity of Hope: Census will Solve Unemployment Morass – Right?